Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes - North Wind

Just in case I haven't mentioned it before, the fabulous Third Coast Rubber Stamp company have a new challenge blog - Third Coast Challenges.  As you can see from the above title, they're only on their third challenge.  The prize is usually a voucher to spend in their online store, and with prices starting as low as 50cents, its well worth stocking up (and you get quite a lot for your money too!)  The current challenge is TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes and you might have seen the start of the dominoes in my previous post yesterday... Well, today I have one of the pieces finished.

The stamp used is TCR's "North Wind"  - the reference code is ES-042-D and you can find it on their catalogue here.  It costs the princely sum of $3.00.  I love it, it's very versatile, and as you can see, fits nicely on my domino.


It kind of set the theme for the necklace, which I've been arty enough to actually call "North Wind" - and have created a piece that seems to float on your skin with a hint of the snow and ice of the north.  Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!





The image was stamped with black Stazon, on a background of denim, stonewash and silver alochol inks.  I then lifted some of the colour with a very fine paintbrush and a touch of alcohol blending solution.  If you're careful, you can manage it without smudging the stamping!  It ensured, though, that some of the important detail wasn't obscured (like the face).  I edged the domino with silver krylon and coated the face with glossy accents.

Hope you like it - I had fun doing it!  And stay tuned for the other two pieces I'm in the throes of making....

6 comments:

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Absolutely love your altered dom! Sooo beautiful and I love the matching necklace!

Thanks for playing with us in the TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes Third Coast Challenge! http://www.thirdcoastchallenges.com/

Leigh S-B
The Sharpie Domino Queen and 3rd Coast Challenge Coordinator
DominoARTblog.blogspot.com
LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

Kathi said...

Wow. That's totally fabulous. I love the domino and love the necklace too!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

This is verrrrrry cool and elegant and Ice-Queeny. Gorgeous!!
xx

valscraftings said...

Love your domino!

Crafting Queen said...

wonderful piece, love the colours. Thanks for joining the Third Coast challenge.

Virginia said...

I love the wintery look. Great piece. Thank you for participating in the Third Coast Challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails