Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes - Captured

Here's my second entry to the  fabulous Third Coast Rubber Stamp challenge blog - Third Coast Challenges. The prize is usually a voucher to spend in their online store, and with prices starting as low as 50cents, its well worth stocking up (and you get quite a lot for your money too!) The current challenge is TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes, and here is my second entry...


It's funny, I never really had in mind to create a themed piece but this dragon's eye peering out of the domino at me made my imagination run wild - and made me think of a wizard's amulet, where he'd captured a dragon and trapped it in an micro-world....  Yes, I'm slightly mad.  Anyway, this gave me a bit of theme, and you'll see hanging from the pendant a key, and dragon's egg, and a skull.... I added carnelian chips and swarovski crystals.  It was only after I checked out the packaging properly, that I realised that carnelian represents courage!  I was just looking for something to go with copper and green - LOL...  Unfortunately, my crackle glaze didn't crack properly (only along the top edge) so I've got to work on that part....

The stamp used is "Dragon Eyes" and its reference code is CH-780-H.  You will find it here in their catalogue, and it cost $4.  It's actually a pair of eyes and the bridge of the nose and brow - I have the large version of the stamp and it doesn't actually fit on a domino!  I used other parts of the stamp to just fill in a couple of the blanks around the edges...

Anyway, I hope you like it, and if you've a mind to, head on over and join in!




8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is bee-yoo-ti-ful. I love the copper wire with the greens. Absolutely fab :D

Jenny Marples said...

I didn't think that dragon could look any better but here goes you proving me wrong! That is an extraordinarily beautiful piece. Gosh Morti, you are so talented. Hugs, Buttons x

valscraftings said...

Your domino is wonderful!

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is a stunning piece and that stamps looks wonderful as the focus. Thanks for joining the Third Coast Challenge.

Virginia said...

Such detail really turns it into a stunning piece. I especially love the detail shots to see it up close. Thanks for joining in on the Third Coast Challenge.

Kathi said...

Wow. This is outstanding and inspiring (me to try my hand at wire).

Fabulous. Congrats on your win!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Truly fabulous! Congrats on winning the Third Coast Creative Altered Dominoes Challenge!!

Leigh S-B
Third Coast Creative Challenge Blog Coordinator

JoZart Designs said...

I meant to add my congratulations on your well deserved win! Also I must kindly ask creeping to tell me how you glazed them? I've tried a few methods, Glossy Accents, several layers of Klear polish etc.
Lv jo x

Related Posts with Thumbnails