Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

WOYWW 109

Welcome, welcome, to the weekly wonder that is What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday!  Please visit Queen Julia of Snoopdom's blog, The Stamping Ground, for the S.P. on what I'm going on about!

Now, for anyone watching last week, you'd have seen that LL Jan stepped in for Julia - and it turned out to be a most fortuitous occasion.  A couple of you have been to my blog since and spotted my more recent post, but for those that didn't and are interested, visit my post "A funny thing happened on the way to the netball" .  Absolutely incredible!  (Hi Jan!)

So, what indeed is on my desk this week?  Look closely, and you'll see the fabulous tag I won on Hel's blog last week - it's absolutely gorgeous and rather large as you can see!  I love the colours, and little does Hels know it, but blue butterflies mean something rather special to me, so I love it twice as much.... Thanks Hels!

Also on my desk are the startings of the card I'm making for Mum's 80th birthday which is in...erm...10 days.  Best get my skates on with it this weekend!  I even succumbed to a purchase of flower soft, which I'm going to need.... LOL

Now, you see just to the right of my cutting mat?  That's it, go on, zoom in... A grid of numbers?  I'm sad enough to generate a grid every Wednesday - and I tick off each number as I visit it!  Yup, sad like I said.  But it stops me double tracking and as I surf from both work (during lunch of course!) and home, the links don't highlight in both places!



Hardanger update - by hoosie this is taking a while!  I had foolishly suggested to Lil' Miss B that I would have it finished by the end of June, but guess I was wrong on that count....LOL.  At least it is progressing, and noticebly so.  That's good, because I have three other WIPS (or UFOs if you prefer - LOL) to get stuck into after this.... sigh


Right-o - off on the hop, catch you out there!!!

28 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm, have some UFO's too which must do one day!!
hi there Morti praying your mums thing gets there in time for her day... and amazed how organised you are to have grid print out like that clever! I might have to do that as I do double back sometimes as dont do them all from Julia's site but also do from folk who visit my blog.. hardanger coming along well,
love Shaz in Oz.x

Hels Sheridan said...

super organised with the grid hun... now, why didn't I think of that before lol Glad you like the tag!!

Simple homemade living said...

Morning.


I have just read the post about meeting LLJ it's such a small place around here!!! Wait until you try her cakes - then you will stalk here lol.

Love the desk today - enjoy the card I can't wait to see it finished.

How organised are you with a printed list? A fab idea though as I find I can't remeber where I have been as the laptop and the pc don't highlight the same.

Have a nice day today x x x

Neet said...

Hardangar looking great - I don't think you are silly with that grid - in fact it has given me food for thought. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey Morti! How are you?! Seriously impressed by your hardanger. I'd never even heard of it before I read your post. It looks as if you need mega patience to create it - I'm very impressed as there's no way I'd attempt that, being somewhat lacking in that dept.!!

jude said...

Nice desk this week hun.Hope you find time to finish mum's card will pop back at weekend to see if it's complete..lol
Have fab weednesday hugs Judex 15

ScrappnBee said...

Thanks for sharing your desk! Definately more tidy than mine this week! The hardanger looks pretty cool! Thanks for sharing- Amanda #33

Helen said...

The hardanger is coming along great, and how spooky that you should meet LLJ like that!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well Morti - I can't tell you how thrilled I was that you've met Jan (and Gordon!); what a wonderful coincidence! Tell me when you take up the coffee invite, I will impose myself too! Your desk looks fascinating as always, the grid is a bit erm, scarey to me - probably because it's a really good idea!!

nerllybird said...

You! You had the tag! It was mine - all mine, I tell you! Oh all right then, seeing as there's the blue butterflies thing, you can have it!
Helen S

Sue said...

Hi hun
a lovely creative desk, good idea with the grid, maybe i should do that!thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

shazsilverwolf said...

Glorious Hardanger- I am so impressed by the skill involved. read your post about LLJ, how amazingly cool was that? Happy WOYWW,Shaz #63

Neil said...

Lovely desk. Thanks for sharing. Good luck finishing the UFO.

donnalouiserodgers said...

I just spat my munch lunch out laughing, all over my camera, chewed up bread, yuck,

a list of numbers,

a l i st of nu m bers,


oh how I love to discover other peoples OCD and think - I am NOT SO MAD, so MAd Morti number Lister I love you

Dxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cardarian said...

Not a bad idea that grid of numbers - I surf at both ends too and sometimes comment twice ( silly I am) that looks like an interesting card for your mom!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Sarah said...

Any progress is good stuff amongst our tribe! Looking good and really coming together (as you cut it apart that is!)You are not mad...all present and correct on the funny farm here!
Thanks for sharing, enjoy the desk hop.
Sarah at 2

Michellee said...

WOW!! very Creative workdesk. can't wait to see the card. Thanks for sharing.

okienurse said...

Awesome looking desk. Love all the organization that is going on here! Hardanger is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #43

Angie said...

Your grid is a great idea ...you really are making progress with your hardanger ...wonder how it got its name ...maybe because its hard and you could get angry lol ...or did a Mrs Hardanger invent the stiching method?

Sally Morgan said...

Super duper looking desk this week hun, the hardanger is fabulous and I love the grid...I NEED one!
Thanks for sharing.
*hugs* Sal x

Lisa said...

Now then, that meeting had to be!! and i'm wondering where in wiltshire you are now as i'm in North Somerset so not so far from you either... hope you had a good WOYWW and enjoy the rest of the week too

Lisa
xx

Spyder said...

grid??!! I try my best to comment on all, BUT most times blogger doesn't open the comment thingy or I can't find it!! But ion saying that...it did make me zoom in! I'd love to know what you keep in those little draws! Happy crafting
HaPpY WoYwW!
((Lyn)) #29

RosA said...

Number grid ... hehehe! That's a lovely blue tag. You are a lucky girl!

angelfish said...

Now a grid seems like a very sensible idea to me:) I work my way through the list, but when somebody comments on my desk I always hop straight over to theirs and that can cause confusion!

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence meeting up with LLJ! And only a teacher would keep a grid of the desks she's visited... not even hand written is it, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda

Elizabeth said...

Great desk shot this week - love the wee vintage looking tin to the right - what's in it I wonder! The grid is a great organising tip - the 'why didn't I think if it' kind. Hope your weekend is a good one - with plenty of time with your DH :) Elizabeth x #72

akilli melek said...

wow, a grid...I'm nowhere near that organised.
still liking the hardanger.
caroline #55

voodoo vixen said...

Now that grid idea may take off.. because I know it would help lots of peeps keep track!! Love the story about you meeting Jan, how brilliant is that!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails