Pages

Thursday 1 February 2007

Daring Cardmakers - Heavy Metal

I seem to be on a bit of a roll.... here's last week's challenge! I might even get tomorrow's one done a bit sooner (plus the current midweek Extra challenge, but don't hold your breath!).

"This weeks dare is entitled:
HEAVY METAL
..no I don't mean rock music! I would like you to make a card on any theme you like with the rule that it must include something metalic...thats all!You could use wire, charms, foil or even metallic pens. "

3 comments:

Kathy said...

The hetal works so well with that 2 feathers background - I guess it's embossed - did you use a lightbox or something? I'm useless at stuff like this!

Morti said...

I used one of the - I think - Dreamweaver stencils. I didn't use a lightbox as I wouldn't have been able to see through the metal. What I did was to rub gentle over the back of the metal, on the stencil, with my finger to get the basic outlines, and then went into more detail with an embossing tool. Then I stencilled the same design on the card as a background using chalks. The stamp is by Stampsmith.

Gillian said...

Wow Diane, this is such an amazing card.. loved reading above how you created it.. I just love that gorgeous stamp you have used too..

Related Posts with Thumbnails